Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Bladcoxerson Baptism

John and I have some amazing friends we've made through all walks of life. Some of our best friends are these folks: Nathan and Liz Blais and their daughter Anna, and Derek and Brooke Adcox and their son Van.

Seems like our life the last few years has been dotted all along the way with these people. As you can see, we've all had kiddos around the same time. We were all married within a few years of each other. Anna and Colt are just 3 weeks apart (Van's the older brother in this scenario at 2 years old!).

Anyway, this past weekend was Anna's baptism. It was an honor to be invited, I've never been to a baby baptism before. At our church, we baptize as adults (or teenagers). It was not too emotional, other than when the priest was asking Liz to commit to raising Anna in a Christian home and being a good example as a mother and Liz started crying, so Brooke and I started crying and it was a whole thing...

Something else to note: because it was my first baby baptism I didn't know we were supposed to dress up. John and I both wore jeans and we walked in and felt SO underdressed. But no time to change so I just made sure everyone knew: "I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A DRESS CODE!"

Also, John is standing on a step...I'm not that short.

Anyway, we love these people (Bladcoxerson is a combination of all three last names). Their families are like our families, and we are blessed to have them put up with us (in B&D's case - 10 YEARS of putting up with the likes of me!).

Love you guys!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Geez, Jess. Even I know to dress up for a baby baptism!!

Molly said...

Hey! I am so glad you found my blog! I miss seeing you all! Do you mind if I add your blog to the adoption blog list on the POA blog? If you want to check it out click on the cute pink button on my blog. We'd love to link you there as an Oklahoma Adoption family if you're okay with it. Just let me know!

Elizabeth said...

Well, I'm glad at least one of us has blogged about my daughter's Baptism.

not so zen momma said...

Thanks for the sweet post.

I didn't know if you were allowed to bring a camera into the baptism!