Thursday, May 04, 2006

I really need to get some pictures on here. It's been a while! We just haven't taken the camera many places lately, and there are only so many pictures you want to see of our cats. I'm starting to feel like the crazy cat lady!

Speaking of cats (indulge me), we took our little one, Faith, to the vet today to get her front paws declawed. I know, I know it's apparently very cruel. But even more cruel than that (in my opinion) are the people who don't have their cats declawed and then dump them or put them in the pound because they tore up a couch or scratched their kid or something. Isn't it better to encourage people to do what it takes to keep their animals forever in a healthy, happy home? I guess I ask because I was really torn on whether to get her declawed. Max is declawed, but it took him a long time to recover. Anyway, I'm still waiting on word from the vet that she's ok and if I don't hear soon I'm calling. She's going to be so mad at me when we pick her up on Saturday!

Next week is my last week to teach the 2-year-old class at church on Wednesday nights. It's been an interesting experience, but a lot of fun. I am just amazed at what kids can do at such an early age. It's so fun to watch them put puzzles together, and to recognize more and more of the songs each week! There seriously isn't a better sound than listening to 10 2-year-olds sing "The B-I-B-L-E" in unison. I've really enjoyed the experience.

John and I are both off work tomorrow. We'd planned on trying to take a vacation, but we didn't get anything together so we're just going to bum around. I'm trying to convince him to go see "MI:3" but he's not big on Tom Cruise anymore.

I've been reading on MSNBC about the Top 1000 High Schools in the U.S. Pretty interesting stuff...Classen in OKC was ranked 17th in the nation! I think it's fascinating to look at the success stories in American education, because it seems like all we talk about is how horrible American teenagers are. There are some really great kids out there. I know it sounds cheesy, but the client is a sponsor of Oklahoma FFA this year so I've been working with this group for a while. I have been so impressed with the kids that are involved in that group, and it really helps restore your faith in teenagers. Not that I'm that far removed!

My point is to tell you all not to write off all teenagers or expect the worse--this list I was reading about is proof positive that their are great programs out there full of great kids. This is good news!

Anyway, another random comment. Most often the interesting things are happening outside of my little world!

No comments: