Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Random Thoughts of the Day

My debit card was stolen today. I found out before it was used again, but still a very scary few moments. Have you seen that commercial for the company that says you'll always get a live person to answer your phone calls, not a recording? I kept thinking about that as I was punching numbers and praying for a live person after I found out it was gone. It took way too long to get to a live voice.

However, once I did they immediately canceled the card. They were also very friendly and caring, kept asking if I was ok since the card was gone. I continue to love Bank of America. I've been with them since 1998! They really are great, and have a great program called "Keep the Change which helps you watch pennies grow into savings. Good stuff.

---------------------------------
Ok--who watched "Grey's Anatomy" on Monday night? How good is that show? Monday night was SOOOO great. If you have not watched this show, you MUST get into it. I have the first season on DVD so just let me know if you'd like to borrow it.

Bad news--they are moving "Grey's" to Thursday nights, opposite "CSI". Luckily, my trusty DVR will record two things at once. But I'm going to have to figure out how to get "The Office" recorded as well. Amazing--all three networks will have great shows on at the same time next season.

---------------------------------
We are loving the gym. Well, I am at least. I think John is. I've been going to Pilates on Thursdays and Sundays and it's great! Last night I went up there and ran into several friends from church. Apparently I'm going to have to start going to the Circuit class on Tuesdays because that is the happening place. It's on my calendar for next week girls!

---------------------------------
This morning I had radio interviews. While I was there, many of the stations had guys from Tiger Safari on, and they had a 3-week old white tiger in the studios! I went in to pet him and ended up holding him and feeding him....he was sooooo cute. Whenever you took the bottle away he would do this little growl that sounded like Simba the lion cub on "The Lion King". It was so, so cute.

He actually only weighed about 4 pounds--that would be 17 pounds less than my cat.

---------------------------------
John and I are going to be eating at home for a while. We added up how much money we'd spent on eating out last month alone and it was quite disturbing. Luckily, pinto beans, hamburger helper, and rice don't cost that much. We'll be eating cheap for a while to see how much money we can save this month! We'll see how long it lasts...

--------------------------------

That's about it for now. Just a few random thoughts...

No comments: