Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Looking Up

Well, this weekend proved to be much better than last week! John and I had a GREAT time at the Redhawks game on Saturday. They went in to 11 innings! (I was almost asleep by the end. Not because I was bored but because it was after my bedtime!) But it was literally a perfect night weather-wise. The hot dogs were good, the fireworks were good...no raving drunk people spilling beer on us as they do at most of the sporting events we attend!

Saturday we grilled out burgers and hot dogs for the first time this season. And I got a WONDERFUL surprise. My dear, dear friend from college, Mario Tobias, stopped by my house to wish me Happy Birthday! He currently lives in Manhattan, KS as a campus ministry intern with K-State University. He was at a wedding for the weekend, headed home and remembered my birthday. I was so glad to see him, even if it was only a couple of hours. He is doing great, applying for campus ministry jobs. Thanks, Mario, for making my Saturday!

Can you believe that the Red-White game at OU on Saturday had 45,000 people there, not counting the number of people who watched it on TV from their own homes? I am a Sooner fan and all (and a crazy one at that), but seriously people--it's a scrimmage. I am amazed. Or maybe I'm just still a little bitter and disillusioned with my Sooner boys after the last two National Championship games. Whatever the case, 45,000 people at a football scrimmage is extreme! I saw a note yesterday that there is only 137 days until college football starts. My heart is a little lighter knowing that it's getting so close. Boomer Sooner.

Sunday was a feeding frenzy for Jessica's birthday! We ate at my all-time favorite spot, TGI Friday's with bits and pieces of the family. Then that night, John invited some of our Norman friends up for PF Chang's!! Yummy Mongolian Beef....and I got free cheesecake with a candle in it.

We got the official word yesterday--we're closing on the house June 17th (two months exactly) at 4:00 p.m.!!! It's getting so close...I think I'll start packing up our current house this weekend!

No comments: