Monday, January 30, 2006

There IS an Arizona!

Well, unlike the country song, there IS an Arizona, and I am here. It's hot, but it's actually quite beautiful! It's really neat here in Tempe, because everything is new. You know how sometimes you drive through a place like Tulsa where everything was built at the same time (1920s) and you can just imagine how exciting it was back then to have everything fresh and new and "hip"? Well, here in Tempe everything IS fresh and new and hip. It makes me wonder what it will all be like in 50 years when it's old and run-down. But for now, it's one of the most beatiful business areas I've ever seen!

Funny how things work out--John left today for his training in California. 1 day down, 19 to go! He actually had to change planes in Phoenix to get out there, and we ended up on the same flight to Phoenix! So, I got a few more hours with him, plus he was there to keep me calm on the plane. I don't like flying, as I'm sure you all remember. It was nice--he's so excited about traveling and learning new things out there in California, so I am excited for him. Yes, I cried. I cried on the plane as we were descending, and I cried when we parted ways at the airport. But I haven't cried since. It will all be fine, I just really love being with him and don't like to be apart for very long!

We have a busy few days here in Arizona. I'm more excited to be here than I thought I would be. Maybe because I know my kitties are in good hands. My sister is housesitting for us, staying overnight all week so the cats aren't alone. How pathetic am I? I keep thinking about how worried I am about my cats when I'm gone and how much I look forward to seeing them--I ca't imagine how much people must miss their kids when traveling! Anyway, Julia is staying with them, making sure they aren't lonely.

I'll be back late Thursday night. Of course, I didn't remember to bring a digital camera with me, so probably no picutres of Arizona to come. However, John will probably have lots of pics as he makes his way through Hollywood, etc.

No comments: