Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, and still hate Texas

I wore a "Beat Texas" shirt last night. The only reason I didn't also wear a "Beat USC" shirt is because I didn't have one.

There are a few reasons why last night's game turned out better than I thought it would:
1) Everyone can stop worrying about USC breaking OU's win streak (gotta tell you--it was getting annoying)
2) Everyone can stop talking about how USC is the best team of all time....guess not
3) Vince Young will probably go pro now (he'd be stupid not to)
4) It just makes OU look that much better when we kick their butts next year on our road back to dominance

All the BCS games turned out to be GREAT this year. Down-to-the-wire, upset-friendly, and no blowouts. I was pretty pleased with the entire Bowl Season.

Boomer Sooner, Everyone!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hmmm...

I guess the blowouts of the past couple of BCS games makes those seasons bad? Or is it just because OU lost? I sense that, deep down for you, it was less undesirable (or is it more derisable) that UT win than USC.

Since your list of complaints are directed at USC and not UT, it appears that, at some level, you really ARE a Texas fan!

:)