Sunday, January 22, 2006

New Cars!

Well, I'm back from Dallas/Houston. It went pretty well, and I worked most nights til 9:00. But, I am pretty proud of myself--I drove from Dallas to Houston and I drove most of the time around the city. I managed to find (with my boss navigating) 4 TV stations, the agency Houston office, and an elementary school. Which is pretty good, considering I am a very nervous drive and freak out easily on highways and in busy traffic. John would be proud...

While I was in Texas, John was doing a lot of research. Research on new cars. I am so proud of him--he was calling every Nissan dealership in town, working the numbers and dealing for a new car. I have long been a fan of the Altima, ever since our friends got one a few years ago. John and I had been thinking a Honda Accord, but with everything being about the same quality-wise on a Nissan, he decided to make that the goal. So by the time I got home Friday night, we had an appointment the next morning and our cars had to be ready to trade. It only took us 3 hours total to buy the car. He really did a great job in working the numbers and getting the car I've been wanting for so long. So, we now have two new cars, see the pictures!

My trip plans have changed a little. I am sooooo happy that I get to be home this whole week. John and I both leave next Monday, him for California and me for Phoenix. So, we'll enjoy this week while we can. One exciting thing is that Tuesday our whole office is taking a trip to Bartlesville. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is there working on an episode, and our client actually volunteered to cook a meal for the cast and crew. It's like 500 people total, so we'll be helping out in the restaurant. I'm crossing my fingers we can be on the delivery team--Hello Ty Pennington! (I love you, John!) Anyway, I'll let you guys know if we actually get to go on the set. My family wants me to lobby for the show to re-do Arni and Nina's house. Maybe I'll rub some elbows while I'm there!

So, lots of exciting stuff going on. More than usual, actually!

No comments: