Thursday, December 01, 2005

Random Thoughts

Ok, so apparently I went a little melancholy on the last blog, so I just deleted it. Sorry to anyone who suffered through it! Sometimes your mind just wanders....

It's been such a nice, laid-back week at work. I'm usually out of the office a lot traveling to Tulsa or in meetings and this week I've been in the office every day. Now, obviously, I would not like to do that all the time and I admire anyone who does! But, it's been kind of nice to have time to get e-mails caught up and even to do a little mindless surfing on the internet (not a lot, but you all know you do it!).

My mom has a friend, Bill, that she's been hanging out with a lot. Really nice guy, huge OU fan, fits right in with John's sense of humor. And, on top of that he has an absolutely gorgeous 6-month-old grandson, Donovan. I ate dinner with them last night, and got lucky enough to introduce Donovan to one of the pleasures of life: pancakes. Boy, he liked that. He even traded me his pacifier for more bites of pancake! He is a lot of fun, and seriously gorgeous. I should put a picture on the blog of him. Anyway, I have a lot of babies in my life, and it maks me realize how much...I like to play with them! No, you're not going to get me to say anything. With all these babies around, who needs one of their own?!

John is on his second night of working with his Dad and Matt in the evenings for the holiday season. John's dad does an awesome job of creating the sets for a church here in town and their Christmas show, and he gets John and Matt to help. It's great for some extra present money, and they do a great job. But, he'll be gone A LOT in the evenings til Christmas.

I think the worst part about Christmas (which also might be the best part) is not the shopping for presents. It's AFTER you've shopped and wrapped, the waiting for Christmas day to arrive is the hardest thing. We got some really good presents this year (Still lacking for three people) and I can't wait for everyone to get their presents and open them! It's killing me not to tell everyone what we got! The worst part is I keep buying John little things here and there, and then I can't wait to give them to him, so I end up just handing them over. Plus, all three presents under the tree for him so far he has already seen. I am no good at surprises.

Well, I'm going to head out and watch "Lost" from last night. Or maybe "CSI:" from last week. Or "Desperate Housewives". Sigh....I'm such a TV hog!

No comments: