Friday, December 30, 2005

Boomer Sooner!

Boomer Sooner everyone! Looks like the holidays were pretty good to the Sooners this year! It was a VERY close game last night, but we came out on top and beat the #6 team in the nation! Not too shabby....we improve our win record to 8-4 (Should be 9-3, and all you Texas Tech fans know it!). Not a stellar year, but it obviously could have been a lot worse. I love college football. I know, I know--I said last night that I hated it, but I get emotional when we're losing.

Speaking of college football, I'm sure many of you are wondering who to root for in the Rose Bowl, since both the teams playing are stupid. My answer to the problem every true Sooner fan is facing? Don't cheer for either one. If I was strong enough, I wouldn't even watch the game. But I will and I won't root for anyone. I hate USC, and who wouldn't? And Texas--let's be honest. No matter who it is, no true Sooner fan in their right mind should EVER root for Texas. For OU fans, this National Championship Game brings little but frustration and hatred. There are no two worse teams that could be playing right now.

I've had a pretty good week back at work. Next week I'm sure I'll be paying for having a breezy couple of weeks, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I've been playing with the iPod some. Guess what, I figred out how to download my Outlook calendar and all my contacts--say goodbye to the palm pilot! I'm amazed at technology.

Our friends from Norman, Jason and Kristen came over last night to watch the game. Which was a good thing, because we won so our new house isn't cursed! Kristen is also in the advertising business, so we spend a lot of time talking shop and sharing client war stories. It's fun to have someone to talk to about it who understands everything!

I had to make a really difficult decision this week to cancel a vacation I was planning over Martin Luther King Day weekend. I had planned to go to Minneapolis to visit with my dad, but with the timing being right before I leave for Dallas for so long, it just was not right. I didn't want to stress myself out or shortchange my dad. I wouldn't be myself that weekend, I'm sure. Hopefully we can reschedule for later in the year--it was not an easy decision and just adds to my feeling of dread about the whole thing. But I'm sure it will all be fine, and I'll have a great time!

This weekend will be very busy--it includes sleeping in on Saturday, a rousing night of board games and movie for New Year's Eve (maybe even some poker!) and leading Children's Bible Hour on Sunday. I know, I know....we're just too exciting for words.

No comments: