Monday, June 20, 2005

Cox Cable Stinks

Ok, I've known since I was a young freshman in the dorms at OU that Cox Cable is a monopoly that is just plain bad news. They are rude, never on time, and my college friends and I have reported many a bad experience to the Better Business Bureau.

So today I found out horrible news....they would not wire our house for internet, phone, and cable until 45-60 days from now. If you know me at all, that is just not acceptable. Especially when the house 3 doors down has all of those amenities.

So I finally had the opportunity to throw it back in Cox's face...we went to SBC/Yahoo/Dish Network. I've never had satellite, perhaps they stink even worse than cable. But I DON'T CARE!! The point is--there is another option out there! Cox does not have a complete hold on the digital technology world. It's such a freeing feeling...I feel so wonderful about it. So, we'll be saving 10-bucks a month, have it installed next Thursday, get the exact same things as Cox offers, PLUS the ESPN package for football season and...drumroll....a FREE DVR!!!!

What started as a very scary thought (45 days no cable) ended up becoming a dream come true. We are free from Cox and I have the DVR I've always dreamed of.

Oh, and did I mention I got a promotion at work today? You are no longer reading the blog of PR Coordinator. You are reading the blog of Account Executive, which is actually 2 positions higher than PR Coordinator. Of course it is the advertising world, so it's still minor duckets when it comes to pay, but I love the job just the same. At least I sound important now!

AND did I mention tomorrow is our 2nd wedding anniversary? He's put up with me (I've put up with him) for two years already. I couldn't ask for a better husband and a better life than the one we have together. It is filled with laughter and he makes me feel so special.

This is a great day to be alive!!

No comments: