Tuesday, June 21, 2005

2 Years: A Recollection

I sit here as our second anniversary winds to an end. It was a crazy day--I actually had to work this evening in Tulsa. Even with leaving the event early, I still didn't get home until 8:00. John was busy saving the day, running my mom around to fix her car, plus he brought our new bed home and set it up for me. So, needless to say--our anniversary dinner was mellow. We decided to go to our standby favorite: TGI Friday's. We talked about moving, then we went home and moved stuff! What a celebration..it was perfect!

I can't believe it's been two years already. Then again, it's hard to imagine life without John. He's been in my life for 6 years now, and it has been so much fun. Hard to believe that on our first date, we hated each other and called it quits early. Thank goodness God knew better, and put it in our hearts to try again.

I've told many of my friends who recently got married that the first year of marriage can be so hard. Our first year was a year of adjustments and change. It was very hard, and I often wondered if it would get better. This second year had answered that question--it gets a thousand times better! Of course things have been good, God has been so good to us. But still--I know even if we were going through hard times, we'd still get through it with with flying colors.

Who knows what will come in year 3.

Anyway, thanks for indulging me. I just feel so blessed to be married to the most wonderful man in the world. He makes me laugh every day, makes me feel so safe, and takes such good care of me. Happy Anniversary, Honey. I love you!

No comments: