Monday, May 23, 2005

Long Time, No See

I know, I know....it's been a whole week since I posted. But, there's been little excitement to follow-up on John's graduation! Last week was rather slow, so I didn't want to bore anybody!

We had a great weekend. John and I discovered a great secret. The best time to hit Wal-Mart for grocery shopping? Friday night at about 6:30. There is no one there! So, consider sacraficing your wild Friday night parties for a little grocery shopping and you'll avoid stress, anger, confusion....but you might feel a little pathetic like we did. Oh well. It was easy.

Saturday was pretty busy for me. John relaxed a little, and went out to the house. Oh yeah! When I get home, I'll post pictures of the house...we now have countertops. Every little milestone gets us closer to move-in.

I made a long-delayed trip to Norman to the wedding of the year: yes, ladies and gentlemen (that know him) Jeremy Looper is now a married man! And for those of you who don't know him, Jeremy is a very good friend of mine from those crazy college years. He dated just about every girl he came in contact with, and finally found exactly what he was looking for in Mandy Sutherlin. So, it was wonderful to see him so happy and settled. Not to mention I got to catch up with dozens of friends from OU. I am the worst at keeping up with people, and it takes an event like a wedding reunion to make me realize I need to be so much better about it. I felt like I'd come home....it was like I never left. So, my Norman friends, I'm going to try to make the 30-minute trip down South more often. I miss you all so much, and I'm going to be better about it! I might even drag John down there every once in a while! Seems like everyone I saw said two things: "How are you? Where's John?" I think they miss him too!

Saturday night it was yet another social hour. One of the things John and I really threw ourselves into when we placed membership at Edmond CofC was Children's Bible Hour. Probably because we'd been so involved at Westwood a few years back, and because Alan and Delores Jackson were leading it and they are just awesome. So, the Jackson's had a pool party for all the people who had helped with Bible Hour the past year. What a blast! There was food, family (the Gayle's), friends (old and made some new), and lots of water for children to splash in. It was a great night, and we got to know so many people better. And I think Brenda Gordon maybe got to know John a little too well....she heard lots of stories!

Had a baby shower on Sunday for Stefani and soon-to-be-born Ian Cain....the first of 6 I will be attending for the very fertile girls in our Sunday school class. In Norman, I broke the bank on wedding gifts. I guess I've crossed that bridge....I'm into baby season now! No worries, though. Since so many people are having babies, there is no reason to add another. I will get my fix of children through church!

John and I cooked out at Matt and Robin's last night. Then John found out I've never seen "Waiting for Guffman". So we rented it last night. I made it about half way through. Guess I'll finish it tonight (after I watch the season finale of Desperate Housewives that I taped--don't tell me anything).

See....the update really wasn't worth waiting for, was it?!!

1 comment:

swatterson said...

I know what you mean about Wal-Mart. I went in the other day to buy just a couple of things and had to wait in line forever! Maybe I'll try the Friday night thing...