Thursday, May 26, 2005

Let there Be Light!!

Well, I'm at work, so I can't post the pictures from last night's trip to the house. But I can tell you--we have LIGHT! The front porch and living room were lit up when we drove in yesterday. I was so excited--all the light fixtures are in, the ceiling fan, all the smoke detectors, the thermostat--all of them. And, yes, they all work. I flipped them each many times. Oh the excitement...

Also, currently our kitchen range lives in the living room. Not exactly where it belongs, but I'm happy to see it out and about! I'm sure that's being moved into place today. I also caught a glorious glimpse of a boxed dishwasher in the garage. We use the dishwasher more than the range any day!

So, alas, I will post tonight when I get home. I know how excited ALL of you must be to see the light of our new house! :)

John and I are headed to Arkansas for the Memorial Day weekend. My mom and I want to clean out some of my great-grandpa's old house, and see if there are any treasures we can find. Of course, treasures is a relative term. Last time I was there I found an airplane ticket from a trip my great grandma made in the 1950s! I thought that was pretty interesting...so, those are the kind of treasures I'm looking for. John will get to see the entire town of Pearson, Arkansas and it's surrounding areas once he meets up with Grandpa. I'm sure he will see everything from the local church, to the old high school, to the five and dime shop and more. Grandpa is pretty excited to show it off to him.

That's where we'll be, so pray for a safe trip! Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! (Pictures to come, I promise Dad!)

1 comment:

Joe said...

:-)

Have a great weekend. Have Grandpa take John to Heber Springs so he can drin from all seven sulphur springs - well, except the arsenic spring...