Thursday, March 19, 2009

Woe is me

Woe is me...been struggling with this illness for 8 glorious days. I felt better over the weekend and Monday, but I'd obviously pushed myself too far. I missed yet another day and a half of work. I've been a less-than-fun wife and mom. And in case you missed my countless lamenting updates on Facebook, I also missed the concert I've been dying to go to for years: Billy Joel and Elton John. Luckily Julia was still able to go with her friend Amanda...but John and I skipped out.

THAT, my friends, is how sick I was. I gave up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see two great pianomen superstars perform together and in-person. Sigh...unfortunately I know it was the right decision. I would be worse off than I am now.
------------------

In not-so-sick news I've had a great time the past few weeks spending time with my best friend, Melissa. We've been friends for over a decade and we're SO different. We always have a good time together and leave each other wondering why our friendship works, but awfully thankful it does.

Melissa and I were both in the school musical in 1997 "The Wizard of Oz". Our alma mater was actually performing "Oz" this year and we thought it would be fun to check out the new generation's version. It was FABULOUS. Seriously, professional quality. We had a mini-Oz reunion from '97 and caught up with several old friends that came that night. We brought Cameron, Melissa's son, and enjoyed watching him watch it. He really wants to see the video of our performance, so he can see his mom and me as Munchkins.

After watching this year's show, I'm not sure that video should ever make it to the light of day. How far Edmond North drama has come!

Also this past weekend, we went and got Melissa registered for her summer wedding. I'm so excited, she and Eric have been together for 10 years and it's about time they tie the knot! And when I say "we" got her registered, I actually mean "I" got her registered. I practically picked her dishes out for her, that girl is so indecisive!

Her wedding shower is in a month...I've got a lot of work to do to make it extra special. She deserves it.
---------------------

Family is fabulous. John got new golf clubs so, uh, woo-hoo. It actually just means more time away from me and Colt but whatareyagoingtodo? Colt is doing very well. Growing like crazy, I swear he's the size of a 6-month-old.

Work is super stressful, especially since I've missed so much with being sick. Looks like I'm going to have to travel on a day I really don't want to travel...but again, whatareyagoingtodo?

Life is pretty good these days! Now, just get rid of this cough...

No comments: