Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Love of My Late Night TV Life

I love Stephen Colbert. It's true. If you don't know who he is, check out Comedy Central (ch. 56 in OKC) on weeknights at 10:30 p.m. for his TV show, "The Colbert Report". You must appreciate satire, appreciate sarcasm, and appreciate politics to really understand it. Sometimes I have to ask, "is he really conservative, right-winged, or is he making fun of them?"

The answer is--both. Just as John Stewart does as a left-wing, liberal in "The Daily Show" right before Colbert at 10:00 p.m. I love that show, too.

Stephen Colbert recently gave the commencement speech at Knox College. My favorite quote from the speech:

"I have two last pieces of advice. First, being pre-approved for a credit card does not mean you have to apply for it. And lastly, the best career advice I can give you is to get your own TV show. It pays well, the hours are good, and you are famous. And eventually some very nice people will give you a doctorate in fine arts for doing jack squat."

If you'd like to read the whole speech (which might not make a lot of sense unless you've seen Stephen, know his voice, and his mannerisms), check it out at:

http://www.knox.edu/x12547.xml

And P.S.--I don't know how they do it, but the staff over at "The Daily Show" find the absolute funniest clips of President Bush. I'm not saying I agree with the way they spin them, but it's laugh-out-loud funny most of the time!

No comments: