Wednesday, June 14, 2006

If you can't stand the heat...

I had such a fun day yesterday. We went to Tulsa to assist with a client manager rally. The client was providing the afternoon snack (go figure!) for all 500 managers, and we ended up getting to help prepare the food! We went to pick it up for delivery, the store was running behind, so we stepped in and helped prepare.

Now, I know this doesn't make a lot of sense to people. But I love it when we get to work in the kitchen. I'm sure if I had to do it everyday I would get tired of it, just like with any job. But it is a lot of fun to be back there preparing the food. There are so many things going on, and everything is so fast paced. This was only the fourth time I've actually prepared food, and every time I love it! I've made burritos, quarter-pounders, fries, and double cheeseburgers. Actually, I'm really terrible at the fry station. It's very hot and you have to be very fast....it's a good training ground for eye-hand coordination!

I guess I should have prefaced all of this with reminding people about what I do. I work for an advertising agency, and we handle a major restaurant franchise in Oklahoma. So, I'm working daily with around 175 restaurants. Getting into the store, meeting the managers, learning how all the items are prepared--it's so fun. After all, I wouldn't have a job if this restaurant didn't sell hamburgers, so it's a good thing for me to learn about! Back to basics, I guess.

Is anyone else having issues with allergies and sinuses? I've had a HORRIBLE sinus headache for the last two days. I felt terrible last night.

I have a new gym buddy. Robin has been taking several classes with me, and meeting me to work out for a few weeks now. I tortured her with the Circuit class, and she has now repaid the favor. We have been taking spinning (cycling) classes. OMG--I feel like my legs are on fire. I don't know how those people do it. They stand, climb, simulate jumps, and they don't stop pedaling for 45 minutes straight! Seriously, what is wrong with them?

We're going again tonight....we'll see how long I last. My record is 20 minutes!

This Saturday, I got sucked into having a Pampered Chef party at my house. Although, I did pick some fun, tasty and easy items that she's going to make so at least the food will be good! If you'd like to come, it's Saturday at 3:00. Kids welcome because there will be ice cream!

It may be a while between posts for the next few weeks. Starting tomorrow, I'm pretty much out of the office until July 3rd. Lots of exciting things--vacation to St. Louis, business trips to Dallas (twice) and Austin, and then a little thing in the middle of that called our anniversary! I'll blog more about that as it gets closer. Have a great week.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey sorry I can't make the Pampered Chef party. We will be out of town for Father's Day.

Melanie

Jessica said...

Well, we'll miss you. Thanks for letting me know, and have a fun Father's Day trip!