Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Weekend

Had a great, but busy weekend. Saturday I got up before dawn to head to the annual Race for the Cure. I'd like to say I volunteered to go (because I would have) but it was for work. It's probably my favorite event of the year as far as work events go. Lots of pink and lots of smiles. Anyway, I was done by 10:30, which is usually when I START my Saturdays! Then I ran around with Melissa for the afternoon before coming home to watch the Sooners play Kansas. Thank goodness we won--I couldn't take much more. Also--we had junk food night at the house! Chips and cheese dip, s'more cookies, Funyuns, Pringles, and homemade hot fudge sundaes! Not to mention Mom and her friend, Bill, came over and brought Earl's ribs and brisket. My stomach was STILL aching this morning when I woke up! Totally worth it though.

Many of you know that not only are we Sooner fans, but John has been a Notre Dame fan since before I met him. We've been waiting for a long time to see them back on track, and this season has been exciting. However, yesterday left John a little angry. Let's just say Notre Dame should have beat USC. That's putting it nicely. The ONLY good thing about USC is that they are keeping Texas from being #1. Texas sucks. And so does USC.

I love college football!

As you can see from the pictures, I did A LOT of gardening this afternoon. It was a perfect day outside--sunny, breezy, and about 75 degrees. I would have kicked myself for staying inside! And I did it all on my own. The first time Mary and Nikki helped, but it was all me this time. I think it looks good, and hopefully I won't kill the plants. But it was time for a new look. Maybe it will bring cold weather, since it's mid-October and still warm outside!

John's mom, Nina, had a total knee replacement surgery two weeks ago. Luckily, she's doing really well and is gaining strength every day. She was lucky enough to come home this past Saturday, and John has spent a lot of time keeping her spirits up. She still has a long way to go, but we have no doubt she'll be better than normal in no time.

Busy week still lies ahead. Faith is doing great, and she's a lot of fun. Brings a little excitement to our boring lives!

No comments: