Thursday, March 24, 2005

A new update

They have done so much work on the house this week! John drove by yesterday and said pipes and wires are coming out of the stem every which way. I promise to get out there and get new pictures up soon, because our builder told us his framing guys will frame the whole house in two days! Call me a nerd, but I want to catch every step for our digital scrapbook. Who am I kidding? Our kids will never care--but maybe when I'm old and gray I'll look back and get excited about it all over again!

This week has been so busy. My grandparents and aunt came into town on Saturday, and left yesterday. I spent a lot of time with them, shopping and eating and just enjoying their company. They also celebrated my birthday a little early--I got new curtains and bathroom stuff for the house, plus some money for other items too. I have a huge pile in the living room of things to put up at the new house--I hope it keeps getting bigger!

It's also been a crazy week at work for me, with lots of meetings. Monday night for work I had to go to a livestock auction and help "buy" a cow for the client! It was a lot of fun...my job is never boring. One day I'm bidding on giant steers, the next I'm at the state capitol meeting with legislators.

John had a last-minute term paper crisis this week, but of course got through it with flying colors. He wrote a 10-page paper in about 5 hours Tuesday night, so graduation crisis over for the moment! He's getting so close to being done.

We had a great time last Saturday, having Guys and Girls nights with our friends from the Young Marrieds class. I think John played some poker, and I mostly sat around and talked like girls always do. It was a lot of fun, and a nice break from work-school-sleep grind.

I'm off work tomorrow for Good Friday. Hope you all have a great Easter!

No comments: