Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Children Are Alive!

Yes, we spent a whole weekend with Easton and Mason and they are still alive. In fact, they were GREAT! They were very well-behaved and entertaining. Easton and I went on Friday night to a Boy Scout chess tournament (he won all the games he played--pretty impressive), then we went to the late showing of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". He thought it was pretty cool because it was late, it was Harry Potter, and we didn't take Mason. Anyway, I hate to admit it (and my sister won't let me forget) but the movie was pretty good! It made me want to see the other ones.

We got up Saturday morning and the boys played while we watched OU get robbed by a couple of stupid refs. Have I mentioned that Texas and every school in it sucks? That morning, John started feeling pretty lousy. So I took both boys to the movies to see Chicken Little. By the time we got home, John was even sicker and had been throwing up all afternoon.

So, John was in bed most of the weekend. But that's ok--the boys were great! We had a good time just the three of us--I think they like me!

I'm off work until Monday! Tomorrow my agenda consists of staying in my PJ's for as long as possible, then catching up on my shows while John puts Christmas lights up on the house (he's feeling better).

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are a few things I am thankful for:
1) My loving husband (who puts up with more than anyone will ever know)
2) Having almost our whole family in the same town
3) All four grandparents still alive and well
4) My kitties (Yes, Faith AND Max)
5) An awesome church family
6) An amazing family who gave me and John amazing childhoods
7) OU Football
8) A cozy, warm home of my own
9) Melissa
10) Being healthy
11) Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy
12) Weight Watchers ice cream sandwiches
13) Old Navy jeans
14) TGI Friday's
15) Laura Marie, who is always there when I need her

What can I say--I am so, so, so blessed. There is so much love in my life. John and I are so wealthy in ways we could never imagine. There are seriously days I sit back and wonder what more I could ask for. I am thankful for my life, and for those who make it a joy every day (even when it doesn't seem like it)! I hope you are as blessed as we are, and that you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Joe said...

And you, Jessica, are a blessing to your family. We than God each and every day for you and John. Have a restful Thanksgiving!