Tuesday, July 05, 2005

One Crazy Week

Well, I know it's been a long time since my last post. And, boy, do I have a lot of updating to do!

As you know, we shut our internet off at our house last Friday (June 24th), so it's been hard to do any updating! But, we got moved in that night, and finished cleaning out the old house on Sunday. The new house came together so easily. Of course, I still have many small projects on the brain, but all-in-all, it feels like home! Even Max is getting used to it. I don't know if he's just worn out with all the moving, or if all the windows make him happy but he is a much nicer cat lately...he even lets visitors pet him, which is strange all around!

Last Monday morning I awoke very early for my flight to Las Vegas for work. Now, I'm sure you're thinking like John was "Vegas for work? That's a rough life". But, honestly, I was in conferences the whole time. We went out on Monday night with many fellow coworkers from across the country, but that was about it. Even then, we got to the restaurant too late and had to settle for another place to eat! Just remember...Vegas is Vegas, but is it really Vegas like you want it when you're with your boss the whole time?

However, I did have the most amazing hotel room ever. We stayed at the brand new Wynn Las Vegas Hotel, and it was amazing. I do have pictures of the floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall view of the strip from my room, the plasma screen TV in both the room and the bathroom, and the GIANT tub I soaked in while feeling very rich. I will post soon. If you can afford it, I highly reccommend the Wynn for your Vegas stay.

Also, my digital camera broke while I was in Vegas, so that was a bummer. And, we had bad weather the entire way home, so I thought I was dying on the plane....

BUT, I did have the rest of the week off to set up the house! I got so much done, thanks to my sister's help and Melissa's help. Also, I decided to do it--I painted the OU office. Just two walls red, but I really like it and can't wait to get a desk in there and really put that room together. We also painted some bookshelves and a TV stand, and WE are THROUGH with painting...it just looked to fun and easy on Trading Spaces!

And my last update has to do with my ongoing battle with technology. We went with SBC/Yahoo!/Dish Network instead of Cox b/c Cox was being incredibly unreasonable (expecting us to live without phone, internet, CABLE for 2 months!). This was a mistake. Let's just say Dish Network came out, installed our dish, and we now have to walk into the master bedroom to change the channel in the living room. Not kidding. When we called to request they come help straighten it out, they wanted to charge us $99. So, despite my overwhelming initial joy at being free of the evil Cox Communications, we are going back with them. We're, of course, keeping the satellite until then, but then we are going back. Sigh...there has to be something better out there, and I will find it!

That's the short and sweet for now. Back to my 161 e-mails from last week I'm trying to wade through at work!

No comments: