Thursday, August 16, 2007

Walnut Creek

No San Francisco. I made it here at a decent hour, but it just didn't work out. On the bright side I had dinner in the exciting downtown Walnut Creek, California. This town reminds me of something out of "Father of the Bride". Lots of tree-lined, pedestrian-friendly streets.

And my meeting today ended early...yay. Get to sit in the hotel room all night. I could, theoretically, take the shuttle to downtown Walnut Creek and go shopping or browsing or eat. But I'm too lazy and I hate doing that stuff on my own. So instead I'll sit here and read blogs, work, and wait on room service (my usual--cheeseburger).

I do love this hotel. I'm staying at the Embassy Suites in Walnut Creek, and while it's not the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed in the people here are SO nice, and lots of cable channels.

I do have to get to bed early tonight since my cab is picking me up at 4:15 tomorrow morning. My flight (pleasepleaseplease) leaves at 6:00 a.m. Seriously, I'm not trying to jinx it...I really, really want it to leave on time and just get me home.

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted my List? Well tonight on a particularly funny episode of "King of Queens" they talked about that ONE person they were allowed. She said Mel Gibson, he said her nail girl. I thought that was funny!

No comments: