Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Day in the Life of Faith







While we (ok, really it's just me) miss Max terribly, Faith has come out of her shell quite a bit the past few months. She's a lot more cuddly and social, and she eats a lot more. It's funny how much having a pet to come home to can make your day so much brighter. She loves it when we are home and spends most of the evening following us around, not letting us out of her sight.

We've taken several pictures lately as she continues to settle into her "Queen of the House" role. It's a rough life being a spoiled housecat. Lately she has had fun exploring a box of china John got from his grandmother and watching me work. Usually she's sitting on top of the keyboard, making it very difficult to type....but last night she just hung out and watched. Forgive my shiny face in that photo--it was late and I was stressed!

In other news, I'm pretty excited to be going to Dallas this week. I go on Thursday and Friday, but this time it's not just for work. I've been chatting with my cousin, Jennifer, lately (thanks MySpace) and we haven't seen each other in years. I haven't even met her husband! So, anyway, while I'm in town for work we're going to go catch up over dinner. It works great--that way I'm not alone in a hotel room, we get to see each other, and I get to meet her husband. She also told me last night that it's official--she is expecting her first baby in May so I'll be excited to talk babies with her. Thanks to ALL my friends, I have plenty of words of wisdom to pass along...

This past weekend I participated in the Komen Race for the Cure. Over 13,000 people were there and turns out I knew about half of them. It was so fun to see friends and family at the event! If you didn't get to participate this year, mark your calendars for next year because it is an incredible event. Pink everywhere!

I think I will sign off at this point. The only thing I will add is that I've promised a few friends out east I would start rooting for West Virginia to make it to the Fiesta Bowl this year. Please consider becoming a Mountaineer fan for this season...they promised if I would root for WVU, they would root for Adrian Peterson to come back to Oklahoma. We're all just a handful of dreamers, huh?

No comments: