Friday, November 18, 2005

Nothing Spells November like Food, Family, and Football

Well, we've got an exciting weekend ahead for us. We will have children for the weekend--Easton and Mason to be exact! Matt and Robin are headed on a little anniversary trip to Branson and the boys are staying at our house. But it will be fun! We have lots of fun stuff planned. We're going to see "Chicken Little" tomorrow and we're ordering pizza and watching movies tonight. They might scare the cats, but other than that we should be fine!!

We went to our class Thanskgiving dinner last night at church. I love it--two Thanksgiving dinners in one week! We had turkey and mashed potatoes, and rolls, and so many desserts you can't even imagine. There are three recipes I want now--broccoli/rice/cheese casserole, gingerbread cake, and this amazing peppermint/chocolate "bark" that Kristin Gates made. It was unreal....however, none of those items are Weight Watchers-friendly. Maybe they can be tweaked, since John and I are doing so well right now. Oh well, we'll see!

Well, how about my Sooners?! They are making a comeback. No, we won't see a BCS Bowl or anything this year, but when we beat the Red Raiders this weekend we'll be headed to the Cotton Bowl. Not too shabby for a year that started out with a home loss. I love football, I love Rufus Alexander, I love Malcolm Kelly...and I still hate Texas. I don't think I'm even going to watch the Rose Bowl ths year, because who can I really root for? The only good thing about USC is that they're keeping Texas from being #1, but I have no love or like for them either. Have you seen the ESPN commercial with the little kid trick-or-treating as a Trojan and he knocks on the door of a UCLA fan? It's funny.

Make sure and say a quick prayer for Julia, my sister, this week. She left about an hour ago to fly to France for 10 days. She's headed out there by herself and is meeting up with a friend. Sounds like a fun trip--they're headed to London as soon as she lands and then they'll spend the rest of the time in France where her friend lives. Anyway, you obviously know my fears of flying, and I've never flown across an ocean! So just pray that she lands safely, and that she doesn't run into any problems with the rioting over there.

All right, back to working hard. I only work Monday and Tuesday of next week and then I'm off! I cannot wait...I have about 2 weeks of all my shows (yes, "Lost" included) that I haven't watched. Pray for John and I this weekend, and call out patience. We'll need it, I'm sure! Or maybe just pray for Easton and Mason....

No comments: